Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies
Adapted from the Baltic Maid
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup natural unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup oat flour ( I made my own)
- ½ cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled and grated zucchini
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + ½ cup mini chocolate chips to sprinkle on top (for dairy-free, use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8″x 8″ pan with parchment paper or spray with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, vanilla, coconut sugar, and apple sauce and let this sit for 5 minutes to let the coconut sugar dissolve.
- In a separate medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. (If making your own flour, place a generous cup of gluten-free oatmeal into a blender. I found mine at Trader Joes. Pulse until smooth and fluffy and you are done!)
- Add the dry mix to the wet, gently stir until combined. Be sure not to over mix!
- Then fold in the zucchini and 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the pan and even the surface with a spatula.
- Sprinkle ½ cup mini chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle doesn’t come out gooey.